This is a catalogue of games in C with sources. Some I’ve written or converted and I’ve put them on Github, so this page will be a list with a brief description. Some are just links elsewhere. E.g. Freeciv.
- StarEmpires. An early attempt in both C and C++ (circa 2011!) to do a text game like the BASIC Star Treks. I wouldn’t rate it much but if you want to take a look… Both compile in Visual C++ 19.
- Star Trek. This is a conversion of TinyTrek (written in TinyBasic). IIRC did the conversion back in 2006 and it was very early in my C programming days (in my defence!). I’ve included the original tinytrek.zip in the startrek.zip file.
- AboutEmpire. I started a Empire type game which may yet get completed. This was originally a mainframe game (I saw it in 1982), did a version on ZX Spectrum/CBM-64 called Dark Empire (now found in collections of games) and postal games called Casus Belli/Warlord. It includes a map generator, hexagonal map display and a simple GUI.
- Snake. A compete game with not brilliant graphics and a high score table!
Links to Games Sources elsewhere
- FreeCiv. An open source version of the computer game Civilization. You can view a list of features.
- Open source clone games. There were 181 games in C at the time of creating this entry; filtered with the tag C. The full page lists nearly 1,100 games.